The highest quality ingredients for the very best cosmetic results.
NATURTINT Permanent Hair Colours are formulated with high levels of natural ingredients, including organic plant and seed oils and extracts. It’s our mission to find new, naturally better, more gentle ingredients that care for your hair and scalp, give your hair radiant colour and shine and respect the environment.
Naturtint chooses only the highest quality, purest ingredients. Our formulations contain very high levels of natural ingredients, including natural and organic plant and seed oil and extracts, each one carefully chosen for their proven hair and scalp enhancing benefits. These work alongside the essential, but small number of, chemical ingredients including hydrogen peroxide and PPD, required to deliver the best possible permanent hair colour results and finish:
- Olive Oleic Acid – an essential fatty acid extracted from Olive Oil that provides strength and vitality. Its unique composition allows it to penetrate deeply into the hair, strengthening it from the root to tip. Its photo-protective properties help to protect hair from environmental damage. The result is highly moisturised, soft and strong hair.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil – helps to restore hair’s elasticity and keep it moisturised and full of shine. It also helps to protect and care for your scalp during the colouring process.
- Quinoa – is considered a “complete protein” as it contains all essential amino acids. In the Multi-Care Mask it helps to fix the hair colour, resulting in a more intense and longer lasting shade. It also aids styling and helps boost shine, for healthier looking hair.
- Organic Shea Butter – nourishes hair thanks to its high concentration of vitamins and natural fatty acids. Shea Butter is deeply moisturising and helps reduce breakages and split ends, plus soothes dry scalps.
- Baobab Proteins – the Baobab tree is known in its native country as the “Tree of Life” – in the Multi-Care Mask it helps to rebuild hair’s natural keratin and protects hair from heat, UV and pollution. Healthier, younger looking hair.
New! Naturtint Cream is a new, permanent hair colour cream that covers 100% of grey whilst restoring lost vitality and shine in mature hair. As well as Meadowfoam Seed oil, Naturtint Cream is also is enriched with;
- Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil – this natural origin oil glides onto the hair surface, lubricating the fibre to help detangle and lock in essential nourishment – this helps to counteract the impact of the lower levels of sebum prbeing produced as we age.
- Argan Kernel Oil – is rich in omega 6 fatty acids acids and natural tocopherols that help to strengthen, nourish and increase hair’s elasticity – important for mature hair that contains less keratin.
The use of hydrogen peroxide in hair colours - hair colours that permanently lighten the hair have to contain hydrogen peroxide as the lightening agent. Naturtint, however, has always adjusted the level of hydrogen peroxide in the permanent hair colours, to the minimum amount that is still effective and continues to do so.
The use of PPD and PTD in hair colours - PPD, or paraphenylenediamine, is a chemical substance that is widely used in oxidative hair dyes, to ensure a permanent colour and complete grey coverage. The use of PPD is strictly governed under EU regulations because it can cause allergic reactions. Naturtint Permanent colours continue to contain the absolute minimum levels of PPD, well below the maximum set by EU law, and adjusts these to the lowest amount necessary for each shade. Naturtint Cream and Naturtint Root Retouch Creme colours contain toluene-2,5 diamino sulphate (also known as PTD or para-toluenediamines), that works in a very similar way to PPD and is also strictly regulated by the EU, because of the risk of allergy. In the Naturtint Cream and the Root Retouch Creme colours, we adjust the level of PTD needed to the lowest amount necessary for each shade and always below the maximum set by EU law.
If you have a known allergy to PPD or PTD, please don’t use a permanent hair colour that contains these ingredients – regardless of the levels used – and be careful when considering any true, permanent oxidative hair dye, as all will contain ingredients like those mentioned above. It is also possible for individuals who are allergic to PPD (p-phenylenediamine) to also be allergic to PTD (para-toluenediamines), as cross reaction can occur.
Irrespective of the brand or type of colourant, whenever colouring your hair, always carry out a skin sensitivity test before use.