The highest quality ingredients for the very best cosmetic results.
NATURTINT hair colours are formulated with high levels of natural ingredients, including organic plant and seed oils and extracts. It’s our mission to find new, naturally better, more gentle ingredients that care for your hair and scalp, give your hair radiant colour and shine and respect the environment.
Naturtint chooses only the highest quality, purest ingredients. Our formulations contain very high levels of natural ingredients, including natural and organic plant and seed oil and extracts, each one carefully chosen for their proven hair and scalp enhancing benefits. These work alongside the essential, but small number of, chemical ingredients including hydrogen peroxide and PPD, required to deliver the best possible permanent hair colour results and finish:
• Organic Linseed Extract: Rich in Omega 3 & 9, helps to ensure a long-lasting colour that does not fade.
• Natural Hydrolysed Wheat Protein: Helps to repair hair fibres from within.
• Organic Sunflower Extract: Helps to protect hair from damage caused by free radicals.
• Organic Rosemary Oil: Helps ensure hair fibres are smooth and soft and locks in moisture.
• Natural Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Helps to care for your scalp during the colouring process.
• Baobab Extract: Helps to provide protection from heat, UV and pollution.
• Organic Lemon Fruit Water: Helps to clarify and refresh the scalp.
• Pea Extract: Helps to rebuild natural keratin and combat the main signs of hair ageing
The use of hydrogen peroxide in hair colours - hair colours that permanently lighten the hair have to contain hydrogen peroxide as the lightening agent. Naturtint, however, has always adjusted the level of hydrogen peroxide in each shade, to the minimum amount that is still effective and continues to do so in the improved formula.
The use of PPD in hair colours - PPD, or paraphenylenediamine, is a chemical substance that is widely used in oxidative hair dyes, to ensure a permanent colour and complete grey coverage. The use of PPD is strictly governed under EU regulations because it can cause allergic reactions. Naturtint Permanent colours continue to contain the absolute minimum levels of PPD, well below the maximum set by EU law, and adjusts these to the lowest amount necessary for each shade. Some other permanent brands that claim to be free from PPD will use alternatives such as toluene-2,5 diamino sulphate (also known as PTD or 2,5-toluenediamine sulphate). These carry the same risk of allergy and are also strictly regulated by the EU. Some have to be used in higher quantities to have the same effect as PPD, which is why Naturtint chooses to use PPD instead, as it can be used in lower levels overall. If you have a known allergy to PPD, please don’t use a permanent hair colour that contains it – regardless of the levels used, and please be careful when considering so-called ‘PPD-free’ colours. Irrespective of the brand or type of colourant, whenever colouring your hair, always carry out a skin sensitivity test before use.